All 17 art Reviews

Hank Hank

What the hell

Shading makes absolutely no sense at all. It's not consistent with the lighting at all either. The shadows aren't blended together in any way. It's just semi opaque brush strokes on top of each other which just look ugly and lazy. Inconsistent line art, the lines are thick and thin in all the wrong places. They're very choppy as well. There also seems to be no grasp of lighting knowledge, lighting is appearing in strange places casting wrong shadows as well.. Nothing is rendered/blended. Composition is lacking.

All I wanna know is why the hell this got so many views/such a high rating?

Rhunyc responds:

Ha, thanks for reviewing, and I appreciate the honesty. Frankly, I believe it's simply because it was featured in the art gallery in the first madness game Tom Fulp made. It's got a few pics of mine in it, and the only reason why is because I was one of the first few who submitted madness fanart to the portal.

I'll agree with you on all of this. If you look at my newest pictures, hopefully you can see some improvement. I made this back when I had no real sense in art, I just made stuff with the skills I had at the time - I put no thought into it.

Just did what I did, with what I knew. :)

And I'm assuming why it's the number one viewed piece of art, is because it's just that.. People probably keep checking it out because it somehow got to the top.. I'm thinking it's a combination of the feature it got in Tom Fulps game with the fact that it's been in the portal since the beginning almost.

breeze away breeze away

Pretty rad, Dawg

Would definately like to see some 19201x1200 action goin on here :D

one question, why is she blind folded? i don't see the meaning or relevance to the situation.. other than that i like this piece quite some.. with the clean vectors.

PixelCake responds:

if you want to make a wallpaper for yourself out of it you can :)
Uh I don't know his character always has blindfolds. Maybe it's a fetish? XDD She can apparently see though

Runner Runner

Almost perfect.. but

Too bad you messed up on the leg sizes, would have been really cool if you fixed those up before uploading.. her right leg is waaay thicker than the left..

knockwurst responds:

That's actually the shadow on her left leg that makes it look so skinny, but the light from behind her is shining on it, it can be tough to notice unless you look at it full size.

Wash Away Your Worries Wash Away Your Worries

5/5

great.. just great... one of the only pieces out here that truly deserves a 5/5..

hats off to you, miss.

Jessica Rabbit Untooned Jessica Rabbit Untooned

nice outcome

your work is really known outside of ng.. but please change your catagory as this is no where close to fine art. and fooling knowledgeable NG'ers that you "drew" this isn't cool man.

James Hetfield James Hetfield

nice!

it's quite a jump from your previous work.. verynice :D

N0RM responds:

Actually this was done a year before everything else, but I understand what you mean lol

Bob Dillan Progress Bob Dillan Progress

pretty good

head's a little thin in comparison, .. overall looks quite impressive though.. gj.

Self Portrait- Tragedy Self Portrait- Tragedy

very nice compositioning

i really like the rendering on this.. but as i said before.. i think you should add more depth to the hair to add a bit more to it.. this one gets my 5/5.. nice work..

Self Portrait- Romance Self Portrait- Romance

Overal = good

It's pretty nice.. although the hand could use some more work with the perspective and foreshortning.. more depth in the hair would be cooler too.. but it's fine as is.. nice job..

Legend of Sigurd Legend of Sigurd

great job

it's awesome to find skilled artists here on ng... nice stuff :D